New York, NY by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
Interior design: Raymond Loewy Associates
Lever House was built by Gordon Bunshaft and Natalie de Blois of Skidmore, Owings and Merrill in 1952, with interior design by Raymond Loewy Associates. It was built and named for the Lever Brothers Company, a soap company that was an American subsidiary of Unilever. Lever House contains the equivalent of 24 stories, including 21 usable office stories and a triple-height mechanical space.